PGA Tour Training Program
Looking to take your game to the next level? The all new “PGA Train Like a Tour Player Program” will prepare you to play in any high level amateur tournament or professional tour.
How good could you be if you lived the elite golf lifestyle?
The quality and relevance of your training is responsible for the results you are currently getting.
- Does the environment you are in right now allow you to be the best golfer you can be?
- Are you training at a world class facility?
- Are you being coached by PGA of Australia professionals Certified Advanced in Coaching?
- Are you training with other golfers determined to get the same outcome as you?
The environment you prepare in is critically important to your success as a tournament professional. At the PGA, we sat down and looked at the commonalities of all of the successful golf programs past and present. Every program has a high standard of coaching in a highly organised and structured environment. The aim was to create a program congruent with the PGA values of professionalism and excellence that will allow maximum technical, physical, mental and tactical development.
Introducing the new PGA Train Like a Tour Player Program.
What is the program about?
- 5 days per week (Mon-Fri)
- 5 hours private coaching per week
- 11 hours of group training with other PGA student athletes, these are like-minded individuals to ensure the standard of training is always high
- 36 hole golf course access 7 days per week
- Unlimited range balls during your stay
- 2 x physical preparation training sessions with a physical preparation coach
- 3d biomechanical analysis
- Access to the PGA Centre for Learning and Performance featuring indoor training facilities
- Access to Trackman, Puttlab, Balance Lab
- Consultations with a sports psychologist to allow you to play aggressive and smart golf with a clear mind
- On course lessons with a coach focusing on strategy, tactics, decision making and pre shot routine
Below is an example of a weekly timetable:
What are the program dates?
There are 4 x terms per year. You can select to attend for as many terms as you like.
Term 1 2020 – Monday 28th January 2020 to Thursday 26th March 2020 (9 weeks)
Term 2 2020 – Monday 14th April 2020 to Friday 27th June 2020 (11 weeks)
Term 3 2020 – Monday 13th July 2020 to Friday 18th September 2020 (10 weeks)
Term 4 2020 – Monday 5th October 2020 to Friday 11th December 2020 (10 weeks)
Is this available to any golfer?
It is suitable for the aspiring golfer off a low handicap or professional player looking to train in an elite environment and play tournament standard golf.
Where can I stay, do you have accomodation available?
We can assist you to arrange a home stay family on site here at the Sandhurst Club. A fee is negotiated between you and the host family that will include accomodation and some meals. The Sandhurst community has a network of over 1,000 homes so your chances are good. You can also choose to stay in serviced apartments or a hotel. Be aware you will need to arrange your own transportation for outside activities.
Can the PGA assist with VISA applications for international golfers?
We can provide directions to the appropriate sources however we can’t do the application for you. Please note there is usually a small processing fee charged by the Australian government for international visitors. Currently this fee is $145 AUD (approximately $100 USD). For more information on VISA’s please visit this website. This is a tourist VISA (Visitor visa subclass 600) and is valid for 3-12 months.
Citizens of some countries may be eligible for a Subclass 651 VISA. Please visit this page for more information.
You may need to register online for an IMMI account to complete the VISA application. Waiting times for some VISA categories is up to 30 days so please consider this when deciding to apply.
Payment is made on a per term basis as outlined below. Fees are inclusive of coaching, golf green fees, golf membership, range balls and physical preparation programs.
**The program fees do not include meals, accommodation and transportation. These are at the players own expense.
Estimated living expenses
Accommodation – $200 – $400 AUD per week (shared or single)
Food – $100 per week
Transport – purchased car $6,000 AUD + (incl registration and insurance)
Hire car – $300 AUD per week (if not purchasing)
Equipment – $3,000 AUD total
Soft golf goods – $50 AUD per week (game balls, gloves, shoes)
Domestic and International players are welcome.
Need to discuss this program? Call the PGA Coaching Programs Manager on +61409144784 or email email@example.com
How do you apply?
- PGA of Australia requirement – Must be off a 12 handicap or less (males and females)
- Fill in the online form to formally apply for the program
- You will be required to fill in the online form as well as provide proof of handicap or tournament history
- A face to face or phone interview will be arranged to determine suitability for the program
- Applicants will be notified of the success of their application following their interview. Successful applicants will be given an offer for placement
- The deposit must be paid 30 days prior to reserve your place on a first come, first served basis.
Fill in this online form to formally apply for the Train Like A Tour Player Program